The Official Site for David Freeman Coleman

The Official Site for David Freeman Coleman
a.k.a. Funkyman

Did He Ever Talk About . . . ?

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Free Time



Hello all. To both of my loyal readers, I haven't been able to update this site in a bit because as you probably know, I'm a teacher and a dad, and we've been on Spring Break. The only way I've been able to keep this site current is due to the free time I have proctoring study halls every week. During the break, that free time was not available except during Aimée's naptime (my daughter). And rather than keep up the blog, I've been spending my free time watching . . .

LOST

I saw the pilot for this show on reruns last year and thought it was good but didn't want to get caught up watching a show about people who would never get off of this island (then the show would have to be called "FOUND"). But then, it won the Emmy for Best Drama, and I thought, "Hmm, what did I miss here?" Next, my brother Anthony started renting the first season DVD's and watching the episodes, all while raving about it. I finally decided to check it out - literally at Blockbuster.

After renting two discs, I went and bought the whole season on DVD. It's one of the best shows I've ever seen, and without giving anything away - the writing is top notch and it's like watching a great novel unfold. The episodes had to have been plotted out a season in advance to do this. That takes mastery and patience, and we reap the rewards. I highly recommend it.

BUT DON'T START WATCHING THE SHOW NOW! Like a good book, you have to read it from the beginning. You will not be able to appreciate it until you've seen it all in sequence.

So stop reading this. Go to Blockbuster and get lost.

Get it?

No comments: